PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Remastersys

throese
October 19th, 2010, 11:37 PM
So, once I've turned it into an ISO file and burn it to a DVD (if I did everything right), then if I were to load it onto a different computer, will it have all my settings and everything or what?

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/remastersys

JOHNNYG713
October 20th, 2010, 12:05 AM
If you did the Backup process yes you will have all your original settings If you did it right, spin it up on your pc and test it live!:)

throese
October 20th, 2010, 12:25 AM
So, if something were to happen with my current Ubuntu settings or it were to have a severe crash, if I were to boot from the CD, it's boot up my Ubuntu settings and everything as if it was never messed up?

Also, I looked at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFr-1BQYRw

I chose the "Dist" option. Should I have chosen that one OR should I have chosen "Backup"?

And what does the "Dist" option do and what does the "Backup" option do?

JOHNNYG713
October 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Distribution gives you the option to install as a new user when installing, the back up mode know matter what name or password you put in ubiquity installer, it will still be your original name,password,ect you should still have all your settings in distro mode, But like i said ,spin it up and test it live! see if you have all the settings and fetchers on the live disk that you have on your puter, than if you install it you will have to put in your oridginal name and password, or change if you like! if you install this on someone else's puter, they can have there own name and password!, Bookmarks saved pictures ect of yours will be on there system! along with stored passwords! Backup, is your system and only you can access the disk (password protected), Distro mode means anyone can access the disk and all your info !

throese
October 21st, 2010, 01:26 AM
So, back up can only work on my laptop, or any computer as long as I know the password and such?

I'll use Dist for friends who want Ubuntu then so that they don't have to worry about installing everything. Thank you so much, I'll mark this as solved once I get the answer to my last question.

JOHNNYG713
October 21st, 2010, 11:17 PM
Yes, it should still work on any computer! test it!

throese
October 22nd, 2010, 03:44 AM
That's awesome, thank you!