PDA

View Full Version : Sports anyone ?

tsn30
October 19th, 2010, 11:20 PM
just curious. do you guys watch sports. and what kind, fav team,

it's nice to get away from technology sometimes. :KS

Spr0k3t
October 20th, 2010, 12:06 AM
The only sports I watch are those with my kids in them. Outside of that, I avoid TV & Radio just for that reason alone. I like laughing at the mistakes that are made in plays, that's about the only entertainment I get out of the major leagues.

Schrute Farms
October 20th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Oh yeah.
NFL football first and foremost. The Lions and the Raiders are my favorite teams. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment, although you can see the Lions are starting to turn it around. They won the Bears game, everyone who saw the catch can see that. The only team that really blew them out was the Vikings. They've been very competitive in all of their other games. If they didn't shoot themselves in the foot with penalties all the time, they could feasibly be 5-1 or 4-2 right now, as their biggest loss (other than the Vikings) was by 8 points.

I like hockey too. But I'm not playing fantasy hockey for the first time in 8 years this year, so I probably won't start paying attention until the playoffs start getting close. Red Wings are my team.

Baseball is good when there is nothing else on TV, and the Tigers are playing decently, like they have the past few years.

mamamia88
October 20th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Soccer, Hockey and American Football are my favorite sports. Mostly Chicago teams but for football i'm a colts fan

Bölvaður
October 20th, 2010, 12:26 AM
sports are for playing not watching :P

Slug71
October 20th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Rugby, Cricket, F1, WSBK, Australian V8 Supercars and MotoGP(all classes).

American sports = rubbish. Too mainstream and too much politics.

tsn30
October 20th, 2010, 01:32 AM
cool some NFL fans. my fav sport is basketball. my team is the Toronto raptors. because i live in Toronto not because they're so good cause they suck.

i also wacth hockey. my leafs are starting off on a hot start.

hhh
October 20th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I'm having a tough time watching millionaires play games while the US economy is tanking, though I did enjoy Rocco's PGA win on Sunday.

I haven't watched basketball in a few years, a bunch of thugs tossing a ball around, boring and stupid.

I like NFL football but the refs/rules are bumming me out big time. And I HATE seeing overtime end with a stupid field goal, I'd like to see kickers taken out of the sport entirely. Finally, watching grown men jump around like they just cured cancer when all they did was block a pass or score a touchdown, disgusting.

hekastos
October 20th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Soccer Championsleague!

Madrid 2:0 Milan

YEY :popcorn:

Schrute Farms
October 20th, 2010, 02:46 AM
Finally, watching grown men jump around like they just cured cancer when all they did was block a pass or score a touchdown, disgusting.

There were these brothers, the Gramaticas, some NFL fans may remember them. They were kickers, and they would celebrate like they won the Super Bowl after a routine 25 yard kick. I laughed soooo hard when one of them blew his knee out celebrating.
I don't normally laugh a injuries, but he had it coming.

forrestcupp
October 20th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Oh yeah.
NFL football first and foremost. The Lions and the Raiders are my favorite teams. I guess I'm a sucker for punishment, although you can see the Lions are starting to turn it around.

Lol. Possibly the two worst teams ever. You really do root for the underdog. I don't think the Lions will ever truly "turn it around."

I'm a Colts fan. We've had a rocky start this season, but I think the rest of the season will be better.

Onoku
October 20th, 2010, 03:35 AM
I am a fan of all Pittsburgh teams. Even the Pirates, though I am not a fan of their management. So I will watch football, baseball, and hockey as long as PGH is playing.

I will also watch Soccer (futbol) at the national level, or occasionally at the city level when I'm in Korea. I watch golf as well, though only big events.

Think that about covers it...

Linye
October 20th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I like the most

Baseball - Braves fan
Futbol
MMA
Boxing

Phrea
October 20th, 2010, 05:19 AM
No.

malspa
October 20th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I'm a big sports fan, but I have a hard time getting myself to sit in front of a t.v. for any length of time, so I don't watch many games on t.v. I follow sports news on the internet and in the newspaper, though. I do like going to games, but that's a lot more fun than watching them on t.v., to me.

I like sports at all levels, but mainly I go to high school games. Inexpensive, and the kids aren't playing for money, it's more about fun. I find it relaxing, and I'd much rather go to a high school game (any sport, boys or girls) than sit through a movie.

The only pro games I go to anymore are baseball -- minor league games, mostly and sometimes major league games.

Big hoops fan. I also like the NFL and college football, but I stop paying attention to college football once the regular season ends because the BCS is a farce.

I do take time out to watch the Summer Olympics and the World Cup, though!

radar920
October 20th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Huge Cleveland sports fan here. Life is hard but i love my teams.

chessnerd
October 20th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I'm a big-time college football fan. Can't get enough of it.

As for my team, I support the University of Michigan. The Wolverines aren't doing so well this year, but I stand behind them 100% and I think they've got a couple more wins in them before the season is over.

GO BLUE!

smellyman
October 20th, 2010, 05:53 AM
college sports, both football and Basketball waaaay better than pros.

Rugby is cool. Especailly the Hong Kong Sevens....

malspa
October 20th, 2010, 05:56 AM
GO BLUE!

Grew up in Ann Arbor. Went to high school across the street from Michigan Stadium (Pioneer). Parked cars for UofM football games over at the high school just to get free tickets to the games! Graduated on the floor of Crisler Arena.

But then I went to Michigan State... GO SPARTANS!!!

lisati
October 20th, 2010, 05:56 AM
sports are for playing not watching :P

Some of us aren't sufficiently gifted to play their preferred sports. I used to play a little bit of soccer at school in my pre-teen days, and wasn't very good at it. These days, if chosen for a team, the position I'd play would be left-right-out, or I'd be with the team's supporters, hiding behind a video camera. :D

cascade9
October 20th, 2010, 06:01 AM
I dont watch much at all. Sometimes a bit of mountain biking or the rallying (those guys make F1 drivers look staid and boring, going round and round and round with nothing to hit apart from tire walls)

Rugby, Cricket, F1, WSBK, Australian V8 Supercars and MotoGP(all classes).

American sports = rubbish. Too mainstream and too much politics.

Thugby but not AFL? I'm not a fan of either of them, but AFL is much better to watch.

malspa
October 20th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Some of us aren't sufficiently gifted to play their preferred sports.

These days, all I do is play a little tennis, and throw the baseball or football around a bit, or shoot a few baskets, with the kids. My knees are all beat up from years of basketball and running; my days of actually playing sports are over, really.

JDShu
October 20th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I'm a big-time college football fan. Can't get enough of it.

As for my team, I support the University of Michigan. The Wolverines aren't doing so well this year, but I stand behind them 100% and I think they've got a couple more wins in them before the season is over.

GO BLUE!

Hail to the Victors!

t.rei
October 20th, 2010, 06:26 AM
'watching sports' is considered getting away from technology nowadays? :D (ok, if you actually go to the stadium, maybe)

I don't even have a TV, so for my sport I enjoy going to the sports studio. Getting ready as we speak.

Oxwivi
October 20th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I love association football. But I don't watch it at all, mostly skipped the World Cup. To me watching is boring. :D

doorknob60
October 20th, 2010, 07:08 AM
NBA and College Football, and some NFL too. I'm a Ducks fan, and they're certainly in a good position so far this year :) Also I'm a Blazers fan, they should be pretty good this year, I just hope Oden comes back soon... Also, I like the Seahawks. They're decent this year, not great though, but they're in arguably the worst division in the NFL, so they still have a chance to win it.

Canis familiaris
October 20th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I love football (soccer in american english). I support Liverpool Football Club.

julio_cortez
October 20th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Well, I use to play football (soccer, for the Americans) at least once a week and I also used to go to the stadium in the past years. But I haven't seen a match at the stadium this season yet. Then I like to watch volleyball (I also tried it with friends but with far worse results than football): I'm currently looking forward to the 2010/11 Women Champions League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_CEV_Champions_League_2010%E2%80%9311) (which the team I support is current champion of) and to the 2010 Women World Cup which will start in a week..
Then MotoGP (I still support Vale) and F1 (Alonso). I just cannot watch a sports competition without cheering for someone involved..

I support Liverpool Football Club.I used to have an eye on LFC when Riise played for them, even though I prefer Arsenal since I read "Fever pitch" (which happened a reasonable amount of years ago). I'm also considering putting a "Clichy 22" typing on my Arsenal shirt :P

Perfect Storm
October 20th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Football!!!

http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/158861/0/FCK.jpg
FCK FTW!!!

cpmman
October 20th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Participation:

Athletics - 'til late 20s
Rugby - 'til early 40s
Golf
Darts
Shooting

Spectator:

Athletics
Rugby
Darts
Golf
MotoGP

ronnielsen1
October 20th, 2010, 10:50 AM
The Lions and the Raiders are my favorite teams.

Yuck. Got to root for the home team.

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/astahrr/nfl/128/Chiefs-icon.png

armageddon08
October 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Football(called Soccer in the US). Real Madrid FTW!! In the barclays, Man Utd. Cricket sometimes too.

tsn30
October 20th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Huge Cleveland sports fan here. Life is hard but i love my teams.

i know how you feel. as a raptors fan i was apart of the lebron, bosh douchbaggery.

tsn30
October 20th, 2010, 01:19 PM
NBA and College Football, and some NFL too. I'm a Ducks fan, and they're certainly in a good position so far this year :) Also I'm a Blazers fan, they should be pretty good this year, I just hope Oden comes back soon... Also, I like the Seahawks. They're decent this year, not great though, but they're in arguably the worst division in the NFL, so they still have a chance to win it.

damn i feel for oden. i dont know if he'll ever be consistently healthy.

Slug71
October 20th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I dont watch much at all. Sometimes a bit of mountain biking or the rallying (those guys make F1 drivers look staid and boring, going round and round and round with nothing to hit apart from tire walls)

Thugby but not AFL? I'm not a fan of either of them, but AFL is much better to watch.

Yeh AFL aint too bad. Never really got into it but thats some fast Rugby!

wkhasintha
October 20th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Not now. I didn't even watch FIFA this year , Just Don't wanna waste time over less productive things. Used to watch cricket matches sometime back.

Little Bones
October 20th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I follow tons of sports: Green Bay in the NFL, Tiger-Cats in the CFL, Montreal in the NHL, Chelsea in the EPL, Poland in FIFA/UEFA tournaments, Toronto in the MLB. I quite like watching golf and tennis also.

That said I'm a kinesiology student so that's probably not a surprise.

XubuRoxMySox
October 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Dance is a sport, as well as an art form. I have lots of favorite dancers, but I'm quite partial to the Southern Belles and All That clogging teams, Riverdance, and of course my own SoundStage Cloggers!

-Robin

Schrute Farms
October 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Yuck. Got to root for the home team.

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/astahrr/nfl/128/Chiefs-icon.png

Nothing wrong with rooting for the home team. It's good to stick with them through thick or (in my case) thin.
But I'm sorry your home team had to be the Cheats.
:razz:

Jesus_Valdez
October 20th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Well in Soccer America from México.

Football, when I was a kid I liked the Dolphins because of Dan Marino, right now I'm more on the Jets side because Mark Sanchez altough I can't say I'm fan of any particular team I really like the sport.

Baseball, well, I liked Pittsburgh Pirate because a couple of Mexican players that are from my region in Mexico, but I lost the interest a long ago.

ratcheer
October 20th, 2010, 11:18 PM
just curious. do you guys watch sports. and what kind, fav team,

it's nice to get away from technology sometimes. :KS

My favorite is Major League Baseball. Then, NCAA football. I also enjoy pro tennis, but don't get to see much of it. I occasionally will watch NBA or NCAA basketball. Even less occasionally, NASCAR racing.

Tim

Windows Nerd
October 21st, 2010, 01:26 AM
I watch hockey, but not that often. Too busy. I'm a bad Canadian.

johntaylor1887
October 21st, 2010, 01:32 AM
I'm a Colts fan. We've had a rocky start this season, but I think the rest of the season will be better.

HUGE Colts fan here. GO COLTS!

andymorton
October 21st, 2010, 02:05 AM
I love football (soccer) and I'm a supporter of Liverpool F.C. Given the sorry state of the team at the moment it's amazing I've still got the will to live. ](*,)

I also like Formula 1, tennis, athletics and over the last few months I've developed a liking for baseball. Now that John W. Henry has bought Liverpool I suppose I'm an honourary Red Sox fan. :)

andy

ronnielsen1
October 21st, 2010, 03:34 AM
But I'm sorry your home team had to be the Cheats.
:razz:

Actually, during the past few years we referred to them as the KC Chefs but they seem to be doing better this year. Might have bought a better team. Even Beau was catching the football in the last game (EVEN THOUGH WE LOST!!! - it was still a good game) We'll see how they do

Khakilang
October 21st, 2010, 06:04 AM
I use to watch English Premier league soccer and support Manchester United and rugby, New Zealand all blacks. Now I only watch sports video on the internet.

cascade9
October 21st, 2010, 06:05 AM
Yeh AFL aint too bad. Never really got into it but thats some fast Rugby!

Its not really rugby, about the only thing its got in common with rugby is the funny shaped ball. AFL is much more closely related to gaelic football.

Schrute Farms
October 21st, 2010, 05:03 PM
Actually, during the past few years we referred to them as the KC Chefs

"Great googly moogly!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSAXLayoMKI)