PDA

View Full Version : [edubuntu] Ready when you are...

brendaven
October 19th, 2010, 07:54 PM
I am attempting to install edubuntu on my daughter's computer and at the moment the installation is stuck on the "Who are you?" section. This is the screen where you enter your name, computer's name, username, password, confirm password and choose to log in automatically or require a password to log in. I have filled in the sections required of me I think. There is a green check mark beside my entry for your name and computer's name. There is no mark beside username, password indicates a fair password and confirm password has a green check mark. The status bar at the bottom has filled up to a point and stopped and above it says ">Ready when you are..."

The only option available for me to press on the bottom right of the screen is the Back button; the Forward button is faded out and is not an option for me at this time. Pressing back returns me to the keyboard select screen.

Any assistance to help me resolve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendaven

kansasnoob
October 19th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I am attempting to install edubuntu on my daughter's computer and at the moment the installation is stuck on the "Who are you?" section. This is the screen where you enter your name, computer's name, username, password, confirm password and choose to log in automatically or require a password to log in. I have filled in the sections required of me I think. There is a green check mark beside my entry for your name and computer's name. There is no mark beside username, password indicates a fair password and confirm password has a green check mark. The status bar at the bottom has filled up to a point and stopped and above it says ">Ready when you are..."

The only option available for me to press on the bottom right of the screen is the Back button; the Forward button is faded out and is not an option for me at this time. Pressing back returns me to the keyboard select screen.

Any assistance to help me resolve this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendaven

Some "figures" are not allowed in the username, particularly CAPS. Try only lower case letters in the username and see what happens.

brendaven
October 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Thank you kansasnoob. I knew it was going to be something simple I was not considering. Moving right along with the install now thanks to you.