PDA

View Full Version : A story of decipt, guilt and a happy ending

surfgeek
April 14th, 2006, 09:57 AM
A story of decipt, guilt and a happy ending
Once upon a time there was a chap who called himself surfgeek. He had a long time ago experienced the dark side of windows on a beige craft called Packard bell. His first experience left him feeling sick, constantly re-booting and swearing.
So he moved to Apple Mac land where he lived very happily riding his Mac G3, Powerbook and iMac G5 to all sorts of far away places. He loved his macs because sales people in big PC stores always said macs were rubbish and there is no software available for them. They would say things like "buy this nice new PC, it comes with a 1 year warranty, but I can also sell you more warranty for a palm of gold"
Surfgeek unfortunately had to take a job where the black box of Dell was in control, it was a very unhappy time. The blue screen of death was upon him again. He then made a mad decision... he bought a PC... because it was cheap!!
Had he no conscience, was he to turn his back on his beloved homeland of mac?

No.

He loaded a copy of Ubuntu and all was well again.

Now his slick machine happily visits mac land via his wireless port through the apple base station.

Was the Dell death ship still in control, no but it stills lives on ( I need this job!!)

The journey has just started....

I posted this originally in the wrong forum, sorry guys..

mostwanted
April 14th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Nice story, but you know I think you posted in the wrong forum again :p This should be in Testimonials.