PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Avant Window Navigator problems

smdrc4
October 19th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hello, All:

I am a new user on Ubuntu series. I recently installed Avant Window Navigator and worked fine. My problem is that I don't have on any preferences tab the option to Alert me when Window receive updates. It seems the new version does not have it as previous versions.

I was wondering how can I enable the Alerts when Updates are received in windows.

PS. I checked all tabs and seems this option is missed.

I forgot to mention that I am also new at GNU/Linux.

Frogs Hair
October 19th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Not sure what mean by in Windows , but you should have a notification applet and an indicator applet .

smdrc4
October 19th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for Answering. I was checking in internet that there is an option which once enabled, everytime a window has an update (like messenger windows blinks when new message arrives) the icon on the AWN starts jumping or showing any sign to pay attention to that.

So, I read there is an option called "Alert me when application window updated" which appear on a General Tab inside AWN Preferences. But after several reviews I could not find any option like that. So, I have many windows opened and I don't know when I have an update on the windows because it is not blinking or Icon jumping.

Frogs Hair
October 19th, 2010, 07:40 PM
The references I found to Alert Me are pretty old and I don't see it in my AWN settings either . The indicator applet will notify you of things that need attention on your desktop , such as messages. My only icon that bounces is Firefox during a download , I have my icon effects set to squish this may be what your looking for.

smdrc4
October 19th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Can you tell me which Indicator Applet is that you are talking about?

While trying to activate the one on your screenshot, it appears a Dialog window which says I must first deactive the one already running, but I can't see anything running.

kerry_s
October 19th, 2010, 08:12 PM
it's on the preferences tab, the effects, set to custom & click edit.

Frogs Hair
October 19th, 2010, 08:12 PM
" Indicator Applet " Also try the squish effect , it does indicate activity in the application represented by the icon by bouncing.

Frogs Hair
October 19th, 2010, 08:18 PM
it's on the preferences tab, the effects, set to custom & click edit.

Thanks ! I never looked in custom.

smdrc4
October 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Well, I tried the Custom part, also I tried with the Indicator icon and nothing worked. I also installed Cairo-Dock and found with same issue. The icons with Activity unattended does not show any extra action which I understand as new content arrived.

I use to work with SameTime messenger on my work and need constantly to keep checking for new messages on every chat window. This is why I need to fix that any new content arrivals should perform an animation.

Please help me.