PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation issues 9.1 - 10.10

DreamShardDev
October 19th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Im currently trying to install Ubuntu on my very new Hp Pavilion 3070tx (don't say anything about the choice of laptop as it was an insurance replacement) and I am facing some problems:

The first time I tried to install from a CD 10.10 32 bit everything seemed fine until I got to the password/username part and the forward button could not be pressed no matter what I did - So I basically just restarted and tried again and this time it stuffed up in the locations part. Anyways I blamed a faulty CD said it might have scratches or something and tried the same on USB boots up then I got the purple screen with the icons at the bottom and then bam it reboots (my hard drive is wiped -dbaned for that matter) I tried the same thing alot of times I tried formatting the USB and trying again and I even downloaded 9.1 but it just wont begin to install on 9.1 it gets to the menu but obviously it doesn't install and just reboots and the same thing happens when I click try ubuntu. I tried the cd again and I got the exact same results as the USB this time. I also get a blank screen sometimes which I left to load for a half hour with no luck.

I have downloaded the 64 bit version and the alternate CD and I would try doing a few other things except I don't understand why it would stop working all the sudden?

Any idea?

ronparent
October 19th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Are there problems showing up if you try to run the live cd?