PDA

View Full Version : My Firefox dual post

wirate
October 18th, 2010, 11:42 PM
This (http://wirate.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/how-to-make-firefox-secure-and-anonymous/) is the link to my two blog posts with tips on increasing Firefox's speed, security and privacy.
Are they good or.... ?

Thanks for your time :)

Spice Weasel
October 18th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Yep, but they didn't mention BetterPrivacy, Web of Trust or Scroogle. All of which are brilliant. :)

Lucradia
October 19th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I've got Firefox 4 beta installed, so I'm waiting for it to be final (November, I believe) before I do anything.

Lucradia
October 19th, 2010, 12:06 AM
I've got Firefox 4 beta installed, so I'm waiting for it to be final (November, I believe) before I do anything.

Nice blog though. :)

Lucradia
October 19th, 2010, 12:06 AM

lovinglinux
October 19th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Thanks for sharing. Please notice that none of the FasterFox extensions available are approved by Mozilla and they have been around for a long time.

I have stopped recommending them due to memory leaks, although I couldn't actually prove was their fault.What I do now is tweak the preferences.

Check my Firefox optimization tutorials at http://firefox-tutorials.blogspot.com

lovinglinux
October 19th, 2010, 02:30 AM

It won't be November, unless Mozilla makes some magic and take a rabbit from a hat. Firefox beta 7 release is behind schedule by month, there is at least a beta 8 planned before the Release Candidate. So I would expect it for next year.

EDIT: Ironically, NoScript is causing serious crashes on Firefox 4, including the OP site, every time I try to access it with NoScript enabled.

Lucradia
October 19th, 2010, 08:57 AM

These three posts were because Chrome crashed during posting, and had to kill it with task manager on the third time, as it never redirected to my posted reply, always hung, no network activity. Btw, I can't use any javascript BBCode with chrome (vbull, phpBB2) (random issue, sometimes works, 90% of time, it doesn't.)

wirate
October 19th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions and likes. I will look at the proposed addons