PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.10 Maverick Upgrade Steps

cuberts
October 18th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Hello, right now I am still booting from my Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, and I want to upgrade to 10.04 Maverick Meerkat without losing any of the files, and work I have done so far. I have discussed this with a friend, and he has informed me that I can do this by going to the upgrade manager in the ADMINISTRATION menu under SYSTEM. He told me all I had to do was click install, and it would install all of the packages for me, and automatically upgrade everything to 10.10 without any loss of files and information. Is this true?

Also currently I am dual booting from Windows XP, and Lucid Lynx. I have a 32 bit processor, Intel Dual Core.

cuberts
October 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Hello, right now I am still booting from my Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, and I want to upgrade to 10.04 Maverick Meerkat without losing any of the files, and work I have done so far. I have discussed this with a friend, and he has informed me that I can do this by going to the upgrade manager in the ADMINISTRATION menu under SYSTEM. He told me all I had to do was click install, and it would install all of the packages for me, and automatically upgrade everything to 10.10 without any loss of files and information. Is this true?

Also currently I am dual booting from Windows XP, and Lucid Lynx. I have a 32 bit processor, Intel Dual Core.
Also, right now I am trying what he has told me to do, installing all of the things on the Upgrade Manager, and all of the packages being installed say that they are Lucid Upgrades. Does this mean that I will not be able to upgrade to 10.10 using this method? If I cant then how can I do it easily?

rado1
October 19th, 2010, 01:19 PM
first you have to update your lucid, then click on upgrade button on top right of update manager. It worked for me.