PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problems with upgrade

ejt
October 18th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I had been using kubuntu 9.04 and wanted to upgrade to 10.04 but for some reason, which I didn't write down and have now forgotten, it wouldn't let me do it through synaptic or the CLI. I tried to do a fresh install of kubuntu 9.10 from a cd but the font was so huge I couldn't figure out how to do it. I searched the forum but the only thing I found was the same question that I had.
So, I decided to switch to Ubuntu. I downloaded and burned the cd the same way I did the Kubuntu one and it worked perfectly, although I lost my /home partition in the process. So now I had a good install of ubuntu 9.10 which prompted me to upgrade to 10.04 which I did. And it works!!
Now to my problem. I backed up my /home dir. and firefox and thunderbird. I had no problem copying my documents, photos, etc. but I can't seem to get my mozilla stuff to take hold. I copied the .mozzilla-thunderbird to /home/username which is where it was on my 9.04 system but the new thunderbird won't use it. Any ideas?
Also, I leave my computer for a few minutes I have to log in again. How can I stop this behavior?

JackNocturne
October 18th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure but i think there should be an option to import those settings in thunderbird,i would use that
Second problem (go to System>Preferences>Screensaver) , untick lock my screen and the screensaver thing, that should solve the login issue