PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How can enter recovery mode in a live maverick installation in a USB

simar.mohar
October 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Actually I have a boot up problem in maverick. There are invalid EDID modes for my monitor. I have to fix this using a command prompt and debugging step by step, probably a recovery mode will work. Meanwhile, I don't want to install it in hard disk as installing again in a pen drive is simple, if the installation goes totally corrupted. And also I don't want to spoil my current ubuntu installation for testing...

simar.mohar
October 19th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Actually I have a boot up problem in maverick. There are invalid EDID modes for my monitor. I have to fix this using a command prompt and debugging step by step, probably a recovery mode will work. Meanwhile, I don't want to install it in hard disk as installing again in a pen drive is simple, if the installation goes totally corrupted. And also I don't want to spoil my current ubuntu installation for testing...

I got the problem solved by myself at last, still I would like to share with the community so that somebody else may find it useful..
Here's the procedure

1. Boot from the live installation media
2. Focus on the the 'Try ubuntu without any change to computer' with the keyboard.
3. Press f4 and esc
5. Press -> arror key on the keyboard to edit the boot parameters.
6 You will find 'quite splash' at the end of the long string.
7. Replace this 'quite splash' with 'single'
8. Hit enter

Now you will enter the blue recovery screen from where you can enter a command prompt..