PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Downloads shortcut missing!

neogarfield
October 18th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hello folks...

I'm facing this small problem with Lucid Lynx. Everything was fine until today, when the shortcut to the Downloads folder went missing! I don't really know what happened - I've done nothing to change the system files today - have not updated/upgraded/installed Ubuntu or any other software.

The shortcut has disappeared from my Gnome menu, and Nautilus shortcuts tab. It has also disappeared from Gnome Do. The folder is still there though, and I can access through the Home folder.

I tried restarting the system - doesn't help.

Any clues? Thanks!

alexan
October 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Places > Home >

right click [empty space] > make new folder > rename to "Downloads"

Right click [Downloads folder] > make link >/or/>

drag&drop "Downloads" folder while pressing [shift] key

What did happen:
case 1. you'd erase the folder
case 2. you dragged&drop the folder in another folder

neogarfield
October 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Thanks, but this solution doesn't really put the shortcut back on Gnome Do.

And it does not really explain what happened... No, I did not accidentally delete it or put it into some other folder...

CrazySat
November 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks, but this solution doesn't really put the shortcut back on Gnome Do.

And it does not really explain what happened... No, I did not accidentally delete it or put it into some other folder...

Hi,

I have same problem in a Lucid install in my laptop ... how to solve ?
Thanks

neogarfield
November 1st, 2010, 08:03 PM
Actually, Alexan's solution works... In Lucid, its simple, open up Nautilus (your files explorer) go to your Home folder, drag the Downloads folder and drop it on to your sidebar. That'll make the shortcut appear on your Nautilus sidebar, and after a restart, it will be available on Gnome Do as well.

Hope that helps...

CrazySat
November 1st, 2010, 08:30 PM
You're right, neogarfield, it worked. Thank you and, of course, thank you alexan =D>