PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problem booting win 7

pek972
October 18th, 2010, 03:17 PM
hi, i have a mini 210 1000 hp netbook with windows 7 starter preinstalled. i installed ubuntu 10.10 desktop in a new partition and everything went smoothly and worked perfectly. i then read about the start up manager (to tweak the grub) and there the problems started. now i cannot boot windows (when i choos win 7 option, it just comes back to the main grub menu). could anyone help please?

Mark Phelps
October 18th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Were you able to boot and run Win7 OK after you did the Ubuntu install? Or, have you only used Ubuntu, and only now, after the install of startup-manager, discovered that Win7 won't boot anymore?

Asking because dual-boot installs, all too often, end up corrupting the Win7 OS partition, rendering it unbootable.

But if it DID boot OK after the Ubuntu install, can think of no reason why startup-manager would cause a problem. I run a multi-boot machine with 10.10, 10.04, and Win7, AND I also have startup-manager installed, and it's caused no problems at all.

pek972
October 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
it booted win 7 perfectly untill i installed startup manager. i tried uninstalling it but nothing happened.