PDA

View Full Version : I love this sandwich

MooPi
October 17th, 2010, 10:35 PM
This is a favorite of mine that has evolved the last couple of months. Hot and spicy two egg omelet sandwich. I start with a lightly oiled non-stick 8-9 inch pan and two eggs gently broken on medium high heat. Once the egg starts to cook turn the heat down to medium and add black pepper and salt to taste. Next add two to three tablespoons of canned diced tomato & chillies. Sprinkle or grate your favorite hard cheese ( Mine is either asiago or sharp romano) then fold over and turn the heat down to low. Cover and let simmer for a minute or two turning once. Serve on whole grain oat bread with a cup of strong espresso and I'm in heaven:grin:

beercz
October 17th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Try some of these:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1054310

or these:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=494394

I am hungry now!

MooPi
October 17th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Gee thanks now I'm hungry again. Those are some fine sandwiches.

ticopelp
October 18th, 2010, 12:47 AM
I've never been a fan of egg on bread, but two eggs, a little cheese, some spinach and salsa in a flour tortilla is one of my favorite breakfasts.

Ctrl-Alt-F1
October 18th, 2010, 12:52 AM
I've never been a fan of egg on bread, but two eggs, a little cheese, some spinach and salsa in a flour tortilla is one of my favorite breakfasts.

I'll see your eggs, cheese, and spinach and raise you potato cubes and sausage. Breakfast burrito. Yum. :)

inobe
October 18th, 2010, 12:58 AM
eggs and bacon between two griddle cakes, eggs done sunny side up and bacon cooked not crunchy, a little real maple syrup on bacon.

you can use canadian bacon too or both that and breakfast sausage.

cup of great coffee and a shot of orange juice before going out the door.

an amazing combination.

Ctrl-Alt-F1
October 18th, 2010, 12:59 AM
I'm hungry now too. Food should be one of those restricted topics on forums. :)

inobe
October 18th, 2010, 01:17 AM
I'm hungry now too. Food should be one of those restricted topics on forums. :)

i had a chili thread, forum members yelled at me, the thread obviously caused some members to become hungry, i'm sure a few keyboards were destroyed too.

pwnst*r
October 18th, 2010, 01:24 AM
This is a favorite of mine that has evolved the last couple of months. Hot and spicy two egg omelet sandwich. I start with a lightly oiled non-stick 8-9 inch pan and two eggs gently broken on medium high heat. Once the egg starts to cook turn the heat down to medium and add black pepper and salt to taste. Next add two to three tablespoons of canned diced tomato & chillies. Sprinkle or grate your favorite hard cheese ( Mine is either asiago or sharp romano) then fold over and turn the heat down to low. Cover and let simmer for a minute or two turning once. Serve on whole grain oat bread with a cup of strong espresso and I'm in heaven:grin:

I do something similar except I scramble mine, add spinach leaves in the last minute of cooking, then stuffed in a whole wheat wrap with either some hot sauce or home made salsa.

A good french roast and I'm set!

Linye
October 18th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

toupeiro
October 18th, 2010, 05:00 AM
The ham or turkey chegg sandwich is something of an art.

First, you need thin sliced ham or turkey. You toast the bread by brushing it with olive oil and seering it on both sides with a little garlic. The egg needs to be over-medium. Just the slightest bit runny in the middle, but not even enough to really run, just liquidy. you throw on a thick slice of tomato, some dijon mustard, a little ketchup and you throw a slice of your favorite cheese just a little before you take the egg off the pan. It will continue to melt in the sandwich. I prefer a sharp cheddar or provolone.

LarsKongo
October 18th, 2010, 07:16 AM
If you're ever around Denmark, Sweden or Norway you should try a prawn sandwich. You can make them yourself too.

How I make one:
Mix some mayonnaise, crème fraiche, dill and plenty of lemon zest (no lemon juice.) Add more mayonnaise if you want it to taste sweeter.
Add plenty of prawns, preferably those caught in the Atlantic sea. If you want more saltiness (or less prawns) you can also add some anchovies.
Put it all on a large piece of white bread. (It's better if you bake your own.) :p

Optional ingredients:
- Avocado
- Boiled eggs
- Your favorite lettuce

This is much healthier than greasy bacon, fried eggs etc. (And in my opinion more tasty.) ;)