PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] M600i Sony Ericsson requires PIN TO CONNECT

djftl
October 17th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Hi guys,

I recently installed the new Ubuntu 10.10. My Sony Ericsson M600i produces a window to enter a PIN to connect to the internet. The window reads 'The mobile broadband device Sony ericsson M600i requires a SIM Unlock PIN before connecting to the internet.'

I entered my SIM PIN and the network disconnected, I'm not sure what to do now. The phone works with no PIN request on Ubuntu 8.10.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

DJ FTL?!

alexfish
October 17th, 2010, 11:00 PM
hi

is the sim pin request popping up when the phone is connected or when trying to make the connection

if the pin request pops up when the phone is connected , , and click cancel , what happens

djftl
October 18th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Hi Alexfish,

Thanks for the reply. It wants the PIN when I connect the USB cable with the phone and also when I try to connect to the internet. If I click cancel, then the attempt to connect is discontinued and then the PC says connection unavailable.

This is a new setting in Linux Ubuntu 10.10 I figure, coz I'm connected with the same phone but on Ubuntu 8.10.

Regards,

djftl
November 9th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Anyone else that can help with this thread?

alexfish
November 9th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hi

if the device requires a pin code , then enter the pin code, when requested

the device should then be available, It does not connect automatically after entering the pin code
unless you have ,connection detail set to connect automatically

or enter the pin code in the connection details.

see what happens.

alexfish