PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] unbuntu 10.10 usb display issue

maniishpawar
October 17th, 2010, 06:57 PM
i have download ubuntu 10.10 i385 32 bit desktop distro.
i want to put it on a usb drive so i used usb creator and did that.

now i setup my bios and fixed it toread usb as 1st boot drive option

when i am booting from usb, everything goes fine and jbuntu got loaded but the moment gui want to show up, i just get a lcd screen full of small white lines, and once i am in, all the screen is having same thin white lines horizontal across the screen and any dialog box that open us is not as per resolution of my lcd screen.

machine config
amd turion 2ghz dual core
4gb usb drive
2gb ram
nvidia on board gfx

maniishpawar
October 18th, 2010, 08:27 AM
HI any updates on this please.

I think issue is with my graphic card, but as long as I am not able to see screen properly, i cannot install graphic drivers.

please help me out on this.

maniishpawar
October 19th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Is anybody going to reply back on this thread.

any information or solution.

I have uncovered that this issue is only with nvidia card when i tried to install nvidia drivers they failed.

This would be the last thing from my end, not sure if I am gonna get any reply to this thread.

Anyways still waiting for the reply with solution.

maniishpawar
October 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
who said that UBUNTU support is the BEST.
It is F*** worst.

I have been waiting here in the loop looking for answer and no body has the balls to answer the query.

At least post if this issue can be resolved or not.

All i am getting is the number of views for my post increased daily. but Heck not even a single reply. WINDOWS is better... Hell ya UBUNTU.

efflandt
October 24th, 2010, 08:21 AM
It might help if you gave specific info on your video, like the output related to it in the output of sudo lspci -v

Wrap that in code tags by highlighting it and clicking # in message window.

I know some people have been having problems with relatively new nvidia GTX cards and possibly some older cards that used nvidia 96, until that is updated to work with 10.10. But my GT 220 works flawlessly.

I don't even see any nVidia GFX card listed in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units unless you are using that to refer to a GeForce FX card/chip.