PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Maverick Meerkat laptop does not suspend after closing the lid

gyre007
October 17th, 2010, 04:22 PM
It looks like something must've slipped the attention of Ubuntu developers as in the previous LTS version latop susension after closing the lid worked perfectly fine for me (Dell Latitude D820) while after upgrading to Meerkat it doesn't work any more....well sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't - it behaves sort of like a weather in UK/Ireland :D...anyway...is there more information I could provide to you guys or is there something you could give me to point me to the right direction ?
Cheers,
Thanks a lot

ombako
November 23rd, 2010, 11:04 AM
Sort of same problem here.
If I close the lid, it suspends without a problem. If I open the lid and close it again, it does not suspend again. It remains on and waits for the password to unlock the screen.

So, every time I open the lid, I have to type my password, otherwise it won't suspend again. (When I close it but then realise that I forgot to put the cloth (the one that goes between keyboard and screen, as to protect the screen), I open it again... put the cloth, close it. Ough, it did not suspend, open it again, type password, put back the cloth, close it... really annoying!).

Cheers,

Ombako

bobcollard
November 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Reminds me of the question, "Does the refrigerator light really go off when you close the door?" LOL If you lift the lid, of course the login comes up. Can you prove that when the lid is down it is not suspended? How would you know that? Sorry, just had to comment.

BeladonaVamp
November 24th, 2010, 12:27 AM
mine does the same thing, refuses to go into either hibernate or suspend when closing the lid or selecting it from the menu. wasn't really a big enough issue to me till i discovered it failed to work when i put it in my back pack and later took my lap top out and it smelled like it was burning and was really hot. glad it still works but now i just have to shut down when ever i close the lid and keep my fingers crossed it does that cause even shut down doesn't work if i close the lid to fast after telling it too.