PDA

View Full Version : Netbook interface won't load

geovino
October 17th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I burned a copy of the netbook 10.10 edition to a CD and tried to run it on my Acer Extensa 14" laptop to see the new interface. After loading files and about to load the interface nothing happened. I was left with the background and nothing else. What could be the problem? Can't you run it live from a CD as well as USB stick?

P4man
October 17th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Netbook interface doesnt seem to work with ati drivers for me either. NO problems on intel and nvidia gpu. What videocard do you have?

geovino
October 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Netbook interface doesnt seem to work with ati drivers for me either. NO problems on intel and nvidia gpu. What videocard do you have?

when I run hardinfo I get:
Mesa DRI R300 as renderer.

ATI M690G chipset

ATI Radeon X1250 with up to 896 MB of HyperMemory

Would I have the same problem running it as a USB?

sanderd17
October 17th, 2010, 04:49 PM
yes, you would.

You'll better install the normal gnome edition. If you want more room, you can remove the bars and replace them by a dock like AWN, glxdock or docky.

(for the moment I use awn lucindo style, this isn't in the repo's though.)

geovino
October 17th, 2010, 04:54 PM
yes, you would.

You'll better install the normal gnome edition. If you want more room, you can remove the bars and replace them by a dock like AWN, glxdock or docky.

(for the moment I use awn lucindo style, this isn't in the repo's though.)

Thanks for the info. Maybe by 11.04 next April they'll get it working for all video cards.

P4man
October 17th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I think it works with the restricted drivers for ati, but then those no longer support your videocard so..

Dragonbite
October 19th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Could try GnomeShell, or Kubuntu's KDE Plasma Netbook Workspaces.