PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu sees my hard drive...but doesn't O.o

GmAz
October 17th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Trying to do a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.10 on my computer. I have a known working 250Gb drive I want to install it on. I boot to the live session, click install and when it asks me to choose a hard drive, it sees my disk as sda1, but says there is no partition. Funny because GParted says there is. In GParted, I delete the partition and made a new one, formatted it to ext4 and still, the installer sees nothing. I can mount the drive and use it, but can't install to it. My other two drives can be used to install, but one is my data drive and I will not use that one, its actually disconnected now so there is no 'OH ****...WRONG DRIVE' problems. My other drive is my Windows 7 install that I don't want gone either, but Ubuntu can used that drive too just fine. What gives. How can I get ubuntu to install on that drive.

[[EDIT]]

NEVERMIND!!! I found this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1344355&highlight=install+won't+hard+drive and did sudo apt-get install dmraid and found it was already installed so I decided to remove it. Bye bye dmraid and hello hard drive in the installer.