PDA

View Full Version : Adding entries at Aplication menu?

g_rus
October 17th, 2010, 03:05 AM
Any one know how add entrie at Application menu? Is only "sound & video, office, internet, games and system" but i installed other software from ubuntu repositories for education, but in Applications is possible see all programs, i need a entrie called "Education" or "Science" for more easily find them. How can add? In Menu editor is not possible.

kerry_s
October 17th, 2010, 03:49 AM
they would be under "all applications" if there's no section.

if you just installed them then you need to log out & back in for them to show in the menu.

g_rus
October 17th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Yes, thanks. Of course all programs are in "all applications", but, something that like me from Linux is to have all menu in order, not like windows; now, i can't believe that is not possible make a new tag like "Science" or "Education" to put there the specific software.

Really is that not possible in UNR 10.10, is not possible; i have a lot of programs, and is better all organize.

kerry_s
October 17th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Really is that not possible in UNR 10.10, is not possible; i have a lot of programs, and is better all organize.

i haven't found a way. but if its something you use often just pin it in the dock.

g_rus
October 18th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Thanks; yes it possible adding at Unity bar, I added Nautilus; but, i have 7 ur 8 science software, i preffer a tag at Applications. Come on!! Nov the menu is with out organize like windows??!!

g_rus
October 19th, 2010, 02:54 AM
żAny ideas?

kerry_s
October 19th, 2010, 03:19 AM
look in /etc/xdg/menus/unity-place-applications.menu

i think you can modify that, then use main menu to place stuff in to the new group.

g_rus
October 19th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Ok, thanks. I'm trying; last night I add at configuration file the Tag Science but much software disapeer from menu; something i need to do there; of course is not the best solution for everyone; other ideas are welcome.

g_rus
October 21st, 2010, 05:13 AM
Well, is not a good solutions. I trying but easily is possible lost the actual organization and i don't understand, why? if i only added a new tag, nothing more.

pelecipo
November 18th, 2010, 05:17 PM
ckick rigth on aplication menu - menu edit

here have the solution :)

kerry_s
November 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM
ckick rigth on aplication menu - menu edit

here have the solution :)

you have never used netbook! you should try it so next time you know.

old version:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/lucid/ubuntu-10.04-netbook-i386.iso

new version, needs 3d vid:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/maverick/ubuntu-10.10-netbook-i386.iso

g_rus
November 29th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Thanks, but no; i mean, for Unity, at Ubuntu netbook, not in Gnome. Thanks anyway.

g_rus
December 12th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Well, thanks, but no. I'm talking about the Unity desktop on Ubuntu netbook, is different to Gnome. For example, in Ubuntu Netbook, is the Menu Editor too, the same that gnmoe, but, any changes that you do in this editor, no have consecuencies in the menu in Unity, i don't understan why is not work in Unity, come with the distribution.