PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to boot wubi after upgrade

Noorani
October 16th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Hi,
I just updated my ubuntu 10.10 installation inside windows (wubi) and after that I shut down my computer. Later on I switched it on again and was unable to boot ubuntu. Ususally I first get the 'Windows boot menu' and after i select ubuntu i get the grub menu. Now, when I select ubuntu in the windows boot menu I dont get grub after that but instead the computer restarts. Is there any way to fix this issue without reinstalling ubuntu

bcbc
October 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hi,
I just updated my ubuntu 10.10 installation inside windows (wubi) and after that I shut down my computer. Later on I switched it on again and was unable to boot ubuntu. Ususally I first get the 'Windows boot menu' and after i select ubuntu i get the grub menu. Now, when I select ubuntu in the windows boot menu I dont get grub after that but instead the computer restarts. Is there any way to fix this issue without reinstalling ubuntu

See here for workaround and possible fix:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=9932369&postcount=5

Mark Phelps
October 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
And, in future, do NOT upgrade Wubi versions. Wubi is intended for trial use and not for extended use. The Release Notes for 10.10 clearly indicated that upgrading Wubi is a problem.

Even if you decide to move to a separate installation of 10.10, in future, be sure to read the Release Notes for issues BEFORE you do an upgrade. Can save yourself a lot of grief and problems as a result.