PDA

View Full Version : Rhythmbox / Banshee and Equalizer Presets... :(

MisterGaribaldi
October 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM
I normally use Rhythmbox, and I have the EQ plug-in installed. From a technical standpoint, everything is working. However, almost all of the presets sound really bad (all muffled or all tinny). So, I installed the latest version of Banshee, and likewise, almost all of its presets are horrible.

The only preset in Rhythmbox that sounds decent is "ballad", and the only preset in Banshee that's any good is "Party".

If anything, it's almost like the other ones are the reverse of what they should be. For instance, in both of them, the "rock" preset completely drops out the bass and drives the treble waaaaaaay up. It makes *everything* sound awful.

Is anyone else here experiencing any of this? Is it possible to still get ahold of the old XMMS presets and make them work in Rhythmbox or Banshee?

Thanks folks!

Frogs Hair
October 16th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I use the Pulse Audio EQ and some pre-sets sound pretty bad. I think it is due to having a different system than the settings were made on. The rock setting sounds great and that's the one I use most of the time.