PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Having to log in twice!

msmx5s
October 16th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I've been running Ubuntu Maverick as a fresh install since release, and for the last 2 days, I'm having to log in twice! This is only on a locked screen, not on reboot or switch users. After the first login, I see the desktop for a second, then the screen goes blank. I wiggle the mouse and the login screen is there again. The 2nd login goes as normal.

I have gradually been installing things as I need them over the week since install, but I can't pin it down to any of those.

Any ideas? It's getting pretty annoying when the screen saver kicks in! (Please dont just tell me to not lock my screen... I need to! LOL)

msmx5s
October 16th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I narrowed it down and solved it!

It was the "About me" picture... I selected "No Picture" on my Ubuntu profile, and the double login went away!

:)

silencej
December 14th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks a lot~

I reset my profile image, and it works too.

I am happy that ubuntu is getting closer to mature and bug-free. I love it~

I narrowed it down and solved it!

It was the "About me" picture... I selected "No Picture" on my Ubuntu profile, and the double login went away!

:)

Stearns
January 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I've been having the same issue since a couple of days back. There's no obvious cause for it as I haven't installed anything new nor fiddled with the settings. The solution provided here doesn't seem to do any difference, unfortunately.

-Stearns.