PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] Dual boot slow down your Windows side

xbobby_bobx
October 16th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Just to make this clear after I installed Ubuntu 10.10 I downloaded everything and updated everything but when I booted into my Windows side I was shocked that the boot time was so freaking fast :)
but after logging in the start up programs took about 10 minutes and I was able to use my windows after total of 15 minutes I know this is a lot the reason as I think is the GRUB file is actually slowing my windows because it doesn't want to harm my hard drive this is just a guess.

[The prize of the worst OS ever goes to Windows Vista!]

graphius
October 16th, 2010, 03:13 AM
I am not a windows guru by any stretch, but I am always frustrated that Windows seems to boot really fast into a desktop, but you can't do anything until it loads a ton of stuff. This may be part of your issue, especially if you are using wubi..
You might also be hitting a problem with windows prefetch system

xbobby_bobx
October 16th, 2010, 03:14 AM
True Wubi might start up too because Ubuntu and Windows are sharing the same GRUB oh well I will wait and see if someone has the same problem.

Frogs Hair
October 16th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Wubi uses the Windows boot loader grub opens after you select Ubuntu It slows because the boot loader has to stop to display operating system options.

xbobby_bobx
October 16th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Correction when you update your Grub watch what it will say in the terminal it will say Ultra ISO Photoshop and other programs will be affected by this update on Windows it's real google it.