PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Kindle DX next generation rumor around?

legolas_w
October 15th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Hi,

I am looking to buy an ebook reader and I am wondering whether there are any leak or rumor about a newer version of Kidnle DX around or not.

The Kindle DX is really good but it was around for some time and I am looking to know whether buying it is wise or not.

Thanks.

aG93IGRvIGkgdWJ1bnR1Pw==
October 15th, 2010, 08:14 PM
No.

But then again, there was nothing about the new Kindle until they put it up for preorder, either. Amazon doesn't have a cult following and crazy rumors like that fashion accesory company that pretends to make computers.

pwnst*r
October 15th, 2010, 08:23 PM
No.

But then again, there was nothing about the new Kindle until they put it up for preorder, either. Amazon doesn't have a cult following and crazy rumors like that fashion accesory company that pretends to make computers.

Wrong. There's more examples out there, but here's one:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/amazon-kindle-slimming-down-in-august/

drawkcab
October 16th, 2010, 03:38 AM
I'd be surprised if we didn't see more products hitting the market in November, during the Xmas season.

If you get a chance, take a look at the ereaders produced by pocketbook! They run on Linux, are super customizable, work well with .pdfs and are generally loved by their owners. The problem, of course, is that they have no store to subsidize the cost of the device so they are a bit more expensive.

Dustin2128
October 16th, 2010, 03:42 AM
I'd be surprised if we didn't see more products hitting the market in November, during the Xmas season.

If you get a chance, take a look at the ereaders produced by pocketbook! They run on Linux, are super customizable, work well with .pdfs and are generally loved by their owners. The problem, of course, is that they have no store to subsidize the cost of the device so they are a bit more expensive.
this^
kindle is, above most, the device that would lead to the 'right to read' dystopia.