PDA

View Full Version : Which IDE has the best GUI Editor and Debugger for C/C++?

LightsOut
April 13th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Im looking for an IDE similiar to Visual Studio that has a good GUI editor and debugger? I'm leaning towards KDevelop. Does Anjunta have a gui editor? I'd rather not deal with Eclipse because I hear that the c++ plugin is kinda incomplete and I dont like the fact that it's written in java (slow). I looked through the sticky threads for answers but alot of them went off topic. Thanks

P.S. if you want to mention vim or emacs or something of that nature please just dont bother replying. I already know the languages pretty well and while using vim and emacs would be good for a beginner, i'm looking for something that makes the programming experience easier and faster.

trivialpackets
April 14th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Anjuta is a GUI, but I think KDevelop is the way to go for what you seem to be looking for, at least IMO. If you're looking for a fairly feature complete, if not somewhat bulky GUI for C++, KDevelop is solid. Never had any real issues with it. Not positive as to it's compiling from the click of a button. I remember using it and just having a console open in the bottom of KDevelop, which was nice...and just running the commands to compile and link in there.

DoktorSeven
April 15th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Anjuta can use Glade (the GTK GUI editor) for GUI creation and code generation. There's a menu item in Anjuta to take you directly to Glade for your app.