PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] blcr-dkms_0.8.2-13 blacklist error stops & prevents upgrade

CyborgAlpha
October 15th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Following the instructions, I get to a little after "setting software channels" and a blcr-dkms_0.8.2-13 blacklist error pops-up and ends the installation. :confused:

tdgs
October 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Same thing here.

bagvian
October 16th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Dear All,
I seems that I also encounter the same kind of problems.

Following Ubuntu 10.10 relase, I have been trying to upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10 on my amd64 laptop. Everything starts as it should but when the system starts the following action :
“Setting new software channels”
A new message bax pops up saying :

Could not calculate the upgrade

An unresolvable problem occurred while calculating the upgrade:

Trying to install blacklisted version 'blcr-dkms_0.8.2-13'

This can be caused by:

* Upgrading to a pre-release version of Ubuntu

* Running the current pre-release version of Ubuntu

* Unofficial software packages not provided by Ubuntu

If none of this applies, then please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include the files in /var/log/dist-upgrade/ in the bug report.

Finally, you can only press “Close” and this is how the upgrade ends up!
To be more precise, I am neither upgrading to a pre-release nor currently running a pre-release (my current install is a stable long term 10.04 release and updates are up to date.). I also believe that I only use official software packages.

Many thanks for any help, Bagvian

UeB
October 16th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I have the same problem. Anybody any solution?

UeB
October 16th, 2010, 10:37 PM
faund the corresponding bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/blcr/+bug/555729
removing blcr-dkms helps

xdaedalus
November 1st, 2010, 12:30 AM
I was having this same problem. The bug report helped, but I'm not a very experienced user, so I didn't understand most of it.

What I found was that I had downloaded Euler, a program I was interested in but hadn't used much. Euler required blcr-dkms, which is why my package manager had downloaded it (I wanted to find out what depended on blcr-dkms, rather than just removing it and possibly messing something up later). I uninstalled Euler, and then used computer janitor to remove blcr, which wasn't needed anymore.

This allowed me to upgrade to 10.10 without problems (well, at least without problems related to this).

Hope that helps somebody else--thanks for pointing us to the bug report page.

treerink
November 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I had exactly the same problem. Solved it by:

-> System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager :
-> type in the search: blcr-dkms
-> by right mouse click on the S-column select: Mark for Upgrade
-> close

-> then again: System -> Administration -> Update Manager :
-> Upgrade

now it works

kakila
November 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Hi all
I tried your solution but my blcr-dkms item in the synaptic does not allow me to mark for Upgrade, it is grey in the menu.

I have already tried re-installing

Any ideas?

cigtoxdoc
January 14th, 2011, 04:14 AM
I just solved problem were blcr-dkms was blocking upgrade from 10.04 LTS to 10.10. I went into Synaptic, searched for blcr-dkms. Found that it was installed. Told Synaptic to completely remove it. Once removed, upgrade went just fine.

John

bala1987
October 6th, 2011, 08:26 PM
I just solved problem were blcr-dkms was blocking upgrade from 10.04 LTS to 10.10. I went into Synaptic, searched for blcr-dkms. Found that it was installed. Told Synaptic to completely remove it. Once removed, upgrade went just fine.

John

Worked like a charm... thanks a lot;)