PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] TimeClock - PunchClock Software

wmikes
October 15th, 2010, 05:17 AM
we need time clock software at work. must be FOSS. nothing fancy, just log-in, log-out, GUI, print at the end of the week.
we will be running ubuntu. or should i patch a windows freebie from TUCOWS, etc...

thanks...

Frogs Hair
October 15th, 2010, 03:09 PM
I don't know of any off hand , but I would search source forge . There is little I have not found there.

pepsifx357
April 5th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Bump for 2011, we need something like this too.

Do_Japan
April 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM
A punch card is the ultimate time stamp software. It never crashes, can't be hacked, and you don't have to wait for it to boot up. I always wonder who is paying for my time when I'm at work waiting for Kronos or some other "time saving" software to load up so i can clock on :(

pepsifx357
April 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
I agree, however a punch card won't be able to tell me when the employees went to lunch on the job site. Nor will it keep up with van mileage. Not that anything would be able to do that automatically, but we have the problem of people forgetting what time they did what. If we had some kind of time software that would sync with mysql they could press the clock out button for lunch when they go to lunch instead of remembering to fill out a time sheet.