PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to install Fluendo on 10.10 after paying and adding software sources

akameswaran
October 14th, 2010, 11:08 PM
So - I guess I should know better than to buy anything for opensource. It's unlikely I'll be repeating the experience, particularly considering the "links" for help don't actually lead where they say they do.

Anyway, I've bought fluendo through the Software Center. Went into my subscription and added the software source mentioned (It would be nice if the software center indicated that needed to happen)

However, everytime I attempt to install, I get two jobs pending
One to update a cache, the second to install fluendo. The update cache job finishes in about 3 seconds - then fluendo spins for about a minute, then the cache job reappears. Rinse and repeat about three times, and eventually I get the error:
Failed to download repository info

the details tab shows:

W:Failed to fetch https://private-ppa.launchpad.net/commercial-ppa-uploaders/fluendo-dvd/ubuntu/dists/maverick/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz The requested URL returned error: 401
, E:Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

I can however get to the website referenced in the URL, but do get a page not found for the full link.

I have no proxy, no firewall, no idea what else to check.