PDA

View Full Version : For Smartphone users, how much bandwidth to you use a month?

samalex
October 14th, 2010, 08:31 PM
With AT&T already pulling it's unlimited data plans and now Verizon talking about doing the same, I'm curious to know how much bandwidth you guys use a month on your smart phones (not tethering)? I just checked my account, and it shows I've used 3,239,758.180 KB as of 9/15 which given the cycle ends 10/15 I'm looking at a little over 3 Gigs of usage for the month.

I listen to streaming audio or downloaded podcasts on the commute to and from work along with most of the day, so I'm constantly pulling data down from the network. I do connect to Wifi while at home, but I don't have Wifi at work.

If I'm not mistaken I think AT&T limits their smart phones to 2GB on the Pro plan with $10 for each 1GB after that? 2GB seems way too limiting, though I could see 4-5 GB.

Sam

Calash
October 14th, 2010, 08:37 PM
I am at 3.6gb for my billing cycle right now. Mine also ends on the 15th.

Last I read The CEO of Verizon already stated they would be going to a tiered data plan and dropping unlimited.

I wonder if older plans will still be honored or if they will force contract changes. I am still on the old Nationwide Unlimited Messaging plan, no voice but unlimited everything else.

whiskeylover
October 14th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I ran a quick report on attwireless.com and got this chart on my data usage.

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=172330&stc=1&d=1287085236
I got my new Android phone 2 months ago, which explains the increase in the data usage. Earlier I had a slow WinMo phone. I think I'm going to be *usually* under 2 gigs a month. But I can't bet on it.

KiwiNZ
October 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM
T.B.H that is something I have never checked :idea: