PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] can't access lower items in preferences

dgel
October 14th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Hi,

Since lucid, I've had the problem that the preferences menu is longer than the screen height, and thus I have to scroll down. However, as soon as the cursor is off the down arrow, the menu snaps back to the top. Is there any way I can fix this? Or if not, where and how do I file a bug report?

RikoW
October 15th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Hi,

ones you are in the preference menu, use the cursor keys up/down to move through the menu. That will allow you to also access those entries below the lower screen edge.

I agree, it's only a work-around and being able to do that with the mouse should be possible.

Cheers,
Riko

dgel
October 15th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the workaround.

Is there any place I can report this? I'm not entirely sure which software package I should file a bug to.

sikander3786
October 15th, 2010, 12:48 PM
What is current screen resolution? Can you increase or decrease it? Higher resolutions should help.

RikoW
October 15th, 2010, 12:57 PM

Is there any place I can report this? I'm not entirely sure which software package I should file a bug to.

I suppose it's a general gnome issue!?

I never reported any bug, but as far as I know, launchpad would be the right platform ...

Cheers,
Riko

dgel
October 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Turns out there's already a bug report for it, from march this year. However the proposed patch got shot down by gnome devs and since then nothing has been done about it