PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uncompression Error - System Halted on fresh 10.10 install

jarthurs
October 14th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I'm trying to install 10.10 64bit on a DFI X48 mainboard with 8Gb RAM, I've tried installing from the Desktop CD, Alternate CD and USB stick, but all attempts fail with

uncompression error

-- System halted

I've run memtest86 and the RAM passes OK, I've even tried running the install with just 4Gb RAM but without any luck. I've even tried three different CD/DVD drives.

10.04 64bit runs from the Live CD without any problems, but 10.10 isn't playing ball...

Regards,
Jason.

cucu007
November 25th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I'm trying to install 10.10 64bit on a DFI X48 mainboard with 8Gb RAM, I've tried installing from the Desktop CD, Alternate CD and USB stick, but all attempts fail with

uncompression error

-- System halted

I've run memtest86 and the RAM passes OK, I've even tried running the install with just 4Gb RAM but without any luck. I've even tried three different CD/DVD drives.

10.04 64bit runs from the Live CD without any problems, but 10.10 isn't playing ball...

Regards,
Jason.

I am having the same issues in my box, Quad core with 1.5TB HDD and 8GB memory. I try the CD and the USB stick, still giving me that nasty "system halted" error. it boot ok in fedora and solaris, not sure what the deal is with ubuntu. I was having error with a SCSI controller at work 2 days ago. I think ubuntu has to focus in integrating more hardware fixes into this thing. My box is not working, I even try doing the txt based installation, the same issues happens. I wonder if someone can figure out this bug. Ohhh forgot to mentioned the memory test comes out OK. Please advise, I don't want to go back to fedora.