PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] CD Covers on Banshee? (Ubuntu 10.10)

Nightstrike2009
October 14th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Hiya everyone,

I have Banshee installed on my 10.10 set up it can play Mp3's but the cover art is not displayed (It did on 10.04) can anyone point me to which files to download to get this to work again?

I had this before on a previous ubuntu but it was down to 2 missing deb files which once installed it was resolved sadly I cant remember what they are called.

UPDATE: I think the missing file maybe libid3tag0 will test and report back if thats all thats needed to get it working.

ibizatunes
October 14th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Have you try recreating your music database? Remove the music from the library, (DONT DELETE FROM DISK THOUGH!) the re-import the music and see if it pulls down the CD cover

Nightstrike2009
October 14th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Cheers ibizatunes,

Will test that out too if my solution fails, thanks for the info :-)

PS: I use Banshee for MP3 Ripping and Easytag for ID3 Tag files both of which are already installed.

Nightstrike2009
October 15th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Weirdlt I have the required files, but have to double click on each album to get the album art to load (Not impressed with this), I have re-imported music library with no effect. Mind you i dont know how to delete the library contents without deleting the files (not willing to risk that)

Nightstrike2009
October 16th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Problem now sorted, Ibizatunes was right, just rescan device (minimize then maximize again) all covers now showing.