PDA

View Full Version : 100% Content with my computer

-gabe-noob-
October 13th, 2010, 09:05 PM
It's been a long time coming, but for ages I've been restless, wanting more out of my computer. Now however, after 2 years out of the 'nix world, my recent dive back into ubuntu has resulted in 100% approval of my computer. Even back when I did use linux on a daily basis (as I do now) I would never have my computer acting the way I wanted it to; looking as polished as I wanted to, or responding in the way it needed to. But now, I have a desktop so appealing for me to look at I feel compelled to brag about it (but know my colleagues at school would find it nerdy and weird.) I desire to change nothing about my computer, this is indeed a first for me.

I'm wondering how many of you have felt completely at peace with the way your computer looked and acted, and how long did this feeling of ecstasy last?

Also who else feels that the desktop screenshot thread is not an ample enough space to brag about how fantastic you feel about your setup?

-Weird question, not sure if any of what I wrote makes sense!
-Gabe-Noob-

Ctrl-Alt-F1
October 13th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I'm really content with my computer too. The only thing I don't like about it is that I have to run windows in a vm for school/work purposes. I did away with my Windows partition entirely though, as I was rarely using it.

_outlawed_
October 13th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I'm still experiencing euphoria, does that count?

Dustin2128
October 13th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I'm in a similar state of satisfaction; minus morrowind not working well, and all my hardware desperately needing an upgrade.

Schrute Farms
October 13th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I'm finally satisfied with my desktop too. I'm not making the jump to 10.10 on it just for that reason. It only took the purchase of a new video card to make it so.

The only niggling problem I have is that all of a sudden RipperX is crashing and not tagging any tracks after #10 for some reason. Not a biggie, 'cause I know there are other rippers out there.

But, yeah, it's nice to sit down to the computer & not be thinking about changing this or that. I just get stuff done.

Duncan J Murray
October 13th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I think the moment came when I got 9.10 working properly. After 6 years of Windows XP, the beautiful 9.10 with it's awesome start up splash screen was the pinnicle of my computer!

I'm on 10.04 - I love to use it, but I don't think it looks as slick.

Duncan.

undecim
October 13th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Since installing 10.10, my Elantech touchpad works.

I'm perfectly happy now.

-gabe-noob-
October 14th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Good to know others feel the same; I too aren't jumping to 10.10; I used the RC, it was great, but hey I have 10.04 themed to my liking and its working great so why switch? And yes, Euphoria counts :D