PDA

View Full Version : Weird occurance.

trisemigistus
October 13th, 2010, 06:56 AM
This is not a help me post, just something weird I noticed with my Ubuntu.

Every time I shut down my computer for the night and the Ubuntu logo with the blinking red and white dots underneath appears, a bunch of lines of text and whatnot show up saying what it's doing to shut down for the night. I'm not bothered by this at all.

What I find weird, however, is what the text says. I looked at it one night closely and read a few lines of nothing out of the ordinary until I came across a few words out of place.

For the life of me, I can't remember what they said and I'm going to start recording what I find on paper. But these words are like friends talking. I've even seen "LOL" somewhere in the shut down scripts(if that's what they are called).

Sometimes I'll come across things that look like chatter, things that don't belong in these shut down scripts, I think.

Anyway, I'll begin recording my findings and post them here, if anyone is interested.

Keep in mind, these pieces of text show for maybe 2 seconds, so I won't have time to write the entire screen down.

ubuntu27
October 13th, 2010, 07:20 AM
I am interested in seen at least a screenshot or a video capture :D

trisemigistus
October 13th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Um, well that'd be impossible seeing as how it is during the time the computer is shutting down, hence all programs are off. Plus the only camera device I have is my phone, and the timing would have to be perfect to get a clear shot. But I'll try.

julio_cortez
October 13th, 2010, 07:47 AM
It looks like something I'll try in a VM sooner or later..

Oh, I forgot.. LOL!!