PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Scrolling Issue on ThinkPad T60

JHorrocks
October 13th, 2010, 05:44 AM
I am having a problem where the cursor on screen is auto scrolling to the bottom of everything.

Example:
1 - If i am in firefox, when the page loads it scrolls right to the bottom of the webpage and I am unable to scroll up

2 - If I try and select an item from the ubuntu main menu, the menu will flicker like crazy and try and scroll to the last menu item and not allow me to select the menu item i want

3 - If I click on a dropdown list, again it flickers like crazy and is jumping right to the last dropdown list item.

4 - If I am on google website, as soon as I set focus on the "search" textbox to start typing, the list of previously typed words pops up but again is flickering and jumping from one row to the next

I have installed ubuntu desktop (x64) 10.04 and also tried installing ubuntu desktop (x64) 10.10 and I get the same issue.

I have changed my mouse (just incase it was this) and have just come from using Windows 7 on the laptop with no issues (hardware wise).

Is there a driver or something that I am missing?

Thanks in advance :)

James

JHorrocks
November 18th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Problem solved...

After reinstalling x amounts of times, ubuntu 9.xx 10.04, 10.10 i gave up and went back to running windows 7... all was ok as I previously mentioned..... BUT.... after using windows for a few weeks and "wanting" to use ubuntu on my T60 I had to try again...

Cut a very very long story short... it turns out to be the "PgDn" (page down button) on the top right hand side of my keyboard was dirty (please dont ask how i found out!!)

So here is my point to closing out my own original post....

"when ubuntu is telling you something is wrong, like your drive is failing, or your keys are stuck, believe it.." I didnt and i blamed ubuntu for being inferior etc... how wrong was I...!!!!