PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who has Windows (Huge Favor)

ki4jgt
October 13th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Hey guys, I asked someone to do this about a week ago, they did and it was greatly appreciated. but it was for another menu item. I've been working on this program all week (http://www.smashindex.com) and I need to make sure the menu item I spent all night last night working on is functional. My program logs entries (amateur radio logging program) and then exports them to an html file as a table. If you don't understand it, just fill it with random data and put at least one entry into the log. Then when you return to callsign choose option 4 (Export to HTML) all fields are simple strings. Anyway, so it doesn't matter what you put in them. afterwards the program is supposed to open the file in a web browser. Since I don't have Windows, I can't test it. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated.

Virtual Windows does work btw.

Merk42
October 13th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Virtual Windows does work btw.

Does this mean you tested it in Windows under a Virtual Machine? If so, then you're fine. The only time that'd make a difference is if your program wanted to use 3D acceleration as that isn't 100% in virtual machines.

ki4jgt
October 13th, 2010, 04:32 AM
No, the last person who tested it found out it would work in a virtual Windows system. But I've added a new feature that I don't exactly understand completely. Which is why I wanted to test it.

Frogs Hair
October 13th, 2010, 04:34 AM
It works , I made up a call sign & org , selected option 4 and it opened in IE 9 beta .

ki4jgt
October 13th, 2010, 04:51 AM
gracias and cool name btw. LOL

Legendary_Bibo
October 13th, 2010, 04:56 AM
His name leaves me confused, but his avatar leaves me amused.

Frogs Hair
October 13th, 2010, 05:46 AM

No problem , it's security patch Tuesday for Windows and I had to update Opera . My screen name is explained in a thread just for that purpose which resurfaces every couple of months.