otherethe
October 13th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Ok so im having bad problems here Im runing
Kernel: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic
System: 10.10 (maverick) 64bit are also known as 64amd
Hardware Intel(R) Core(TM)i7 CPU 940 @ 2.93GHz
yada yada im sure none of this matters but my card is a
Nvidia Gtx 280
im runing Nvidia Driver Version 260.19.04 I've tryed to down grade to 195 because the 195 works 100% fine at least it did in 10.04 but with the 260.19.04 My screen gets all laggie
when playing WoW are any other game for that matter and my screens will randomly lock up trun pink and not allow me to do anything i had this problem befor when i upgraded to 10.04 but it allowed me to downgrade my drivers back to my working 195 I have the install
file from the nvidia website it's self BUT it will not allow me to install it and if i force install it useing -k $(uname -r) I cant do notthing it just boots to a shell prompt and no graphix at all so my question is if anyone can help me Down grade to 195 driver

Im also not sure if this is the correct place to put this forum so if it's in the wrong section im sorry

ark1-87
October 13th, 2010, 03:07 AM
bump

otherethe
October 13th, 2010, 04:17 AM
bump
bump what do you mean?

cascade9
October 13th, 2010, 04:26 AM
@otherethe- 'bumping' is used to put the topic back onto the 'new posts' page, etc.

This page shows you what you need to do to manually install the nVidia drivers-

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NvidiaManual

I'm not sure that it will work with 10.10, but its worth a try ;)

otherethe
October 13th, 2010, 04:32 AM
@otherethe- 'bumping' is used to put the topic back onto the 'new posts' page, etc.

This page shows you what you need to do to manually install the nVidia drivers-

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NvidiaManual

I'm not sure that it will work with 10.10, but its worth a try ;)

Yes i know what bump is but why would he bump mine just confused me is all
and I have the 195 something and the 260 i downloaded them from a website because the .06 installed by Ubuntu from the software center isnt as good as the 04 and i know all about the sudo sh name.run file and the 260 installs just fine the but 195 installs with force install but if i try and install it normal is says something about nvidiafb and another name i cant rember off hand but i know it starts with a r but i've checked i have nor one of thoes files in my rmmod i tryed to disable them with it said it wasnt running and are wasnt found for that matter