PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 10.10 Synaptic "Mark Packages by Task" MISSING

simonz
October 13th, 2010, 12:18 AM
The Synaptic Package Manager in Ubuntu 10.10 no longer has the option "Mark Packages by Task". In previous versions it was under the "Edit" menu.

Is there a way to get it back or is it hidden in other menus?

tibasic
October 13th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I've noticed this problem as well. Exit Synaptic, open a terminal and type "sudo apt-get install tasksel" once it is finished the option will be in Synaptic again.

What's even more disturbing is that myphpadmin doesn't seem to be in the repo anymore...

bogdan.s
October 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I've noticed this problem as well. Exit Synaptic, open a terminal and type "sudo apt-get install tasksel" once it is finished the option will be in Synaptic again.

What's even more disturbing is that myphpadmin doesn't seem to be in the repo anymore...

Just type in "phpmyadmin" in synaptic's search box. Thanks for "sudo apt-get install tasksel"; I don't know how you guys get to know all this stuff.

simonz
October 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Totally amazing! "sudo apt-get install tasksel" worked perfectly.

Thanks!

DrAcid
October 14th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Yes, it does work perfectly! Thank You!

Btw, do You know WHY exactly they've removed the function? it's like just ~300kb... and the 100.10 CD had ~7mb extra space... ?