PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to install nautilus-elementary from ppa

elBrujoD
October 12th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Hi.
I recently installed Ubuntu 10.10 and decided to install nautilus-elementary using the following:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
nautilus -q

However once I ran 'nautilus -q' the terminal stayed hanging so I pressed Ctrl+C. Nautilus would not start up so I removed the repositories and reinstalled Nautilus.

Has anyone else had this problem?
If so, is there an alternate method of installing?
Thanks

gatorbrit
October 14th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Hi.
I recently installed Ubuntu 10.10 and decided to install nautilus-elementary using the following:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
nautilus -q

However once I ran 'nautilus -q' the terminal stayed hanging so I pressed Ctrl+C. Nautilus would not start up so I removed the repositories and reinstalled Nautilus.

Has anyone else had this problem?
If so, is there an alternate method of installing?
Thanks

Did you get it worked out? I tied installing it today and I got a bunch of 404 errors- basically files are not found on the launchpad site....

Frogs Hair
October 15th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Nautilus -q did not work for me , so I restarted and 10.10 booted with Elementary Nautilus. It's been fine since and welcome to the forums.

suffice
October 16th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I've been getting the same thing aswell with a fresh install.

PPA adds fine.
Installs a few extra nautilus packages.

Then 'keeps back' nautilus.

Looking for a solution

Frogs Hair
October 16th, 2010, 03:01 PM
This article stated that Elementary Nautilus may not be very stable for a few weeks at the time it was written.

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/09/install-nautilus-elementary-in-ubuntu.html

jesterthejedi
October 17th, 2010, 06:09 PM
I love how on the OMG Ubuntu blog they didn't mention how buggy this is. I would have stayed away from its headaches. I would do a fresh install but after fixing holes and adding software its a real PITA!

Frogs Hair
October 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
This article stated that Elementary Nautilus may not be very stable for a few weeks at the time it was written.

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/09/install-nautilus-elementary-in-ubuntu.html

Edit: The article on this link has been changed , there is an updated ppa for Nautilus Elementary .