PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 1010 netbook remix

aliceinchains
October 12th, 2010, 10:18 PM
I go to the UBu site and download the new netbook 1010, I use the recomended installer. I install 1010 netbook on my flash drive and I boot up.

It takes forever and says Unity wont install.. WTF ? Why did they take 10.04 away, it was fine. Anyone know how I can install this goof ball ?

bobmounger
October 13th, 2010, 02:48 AM
you can still get the 10.04 UNR @www.pendrivelinux.com. I'm trying to revert myself...

mörgæs
October 13th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Use Unetbootin as an installer, if you are using USB.

The whole clan is here:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/

aliceinchains
October 14th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Use Unetbootin as an installer, if you are using USB.

The whole clan is here:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/ Excellent ! Thank you...

Im actually using the Universal USB installer that they link you to on the Ubuntu site. Does it make any difference ? I want to try the 10.10 netbook edition but it wont work when I boot up to my USB, It says that unity wasn't installed or some driver wasn't found and that I would have to stick with the desktop only. (no netbook interface)

mörgæs
October 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM
If you install the regular desktop of 10.10 using the USB stick, you can install Unity online later when everything is working and updated.

Lemmetu
October 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I upgraded from 10.04 Netbook Edition to 10.10 Netbook Edition version, it somehow does not like me.
How do I get back to 10.04 Netbook Edition without having to re-install the whole should I do?

mörgæs
October 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I upgraded from 10.04 Netbook Edition to 10.10 Netbook Edition version, it somehow does not like me.
How do I get back to 10.04 Netbook Edition without having to re-install the whole should I do?

Welcome to the forum.

There is no such option in Ubuntu. Just do a new install of 10.04, and remember to have wired internet access while installing.

aliceinchains
October 15th, 2010, 04:45 PM
How do I get back to 10.04 Netbook Edition without having to re-install the whole should I do? lol I did the same thing = nothing. There is a terminal command that is supposed to install unity on 10.10 but it doesn't work either.

Diggum
October 16th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Hi guys first post....

complete and utter linux noobie....infact all my fears were taken care of once the canonical team allowed it's os to boot of within windows, and not require any fancy partitions

loved the 10.04 netbook edition and so when i heard about the 10.10 went ahead and d/l'ded it for installation within windows

but same issue, it says (along the same lines as above and or No required driver detected for Unity) unity interface not available....when u try to forcibly use the netbook remix tab at the bottom...otherwise it happily boots into it's desktop interface,of which i have 2 other OS on my laptop using the same environment (DV5T-T9400+4Gb+9600MGT+intel 5100AGN)

so is this a bug, or something
thanks

mörgæs
October 17th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Since this is a Wubi question, I guess it is best to open a new thread stating your problem in the title and that this is about Wubi. I only have clean Ubuntu installations and can not help with Wubi, sorry.

aliceinchains
October 20th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Since this is a Wubi question, I guess it is best to open a new thread stating your problem in the title and that this is about Wubi. I only have clean Ubuntu installations and can not help with Wubi, sorry. How is that a wubi question ? 10.10 netbook simply doesn't work with a fresh install. If you don't know the answer,don't respond. If you do then by all means please do.

aliceinchains
October 20th, 2010, 09:41 PM
If you install the regular desktop of 10.10 using the USB stick, you can install Unity online later when everything is working and updated.Incorrect. Doesn't work.

mörgæs
October 21st, 2010, 09:32 AM
How is that a wubi question ?

Because it reads 'within windows', twice.

aliceinchains
October 21st, 2010, 08:39 PM
Because it reads 'within windows', twice.Yeah but he is asking about the same issue regardless if you use wubi or boot from a USB. It makes no difference.

If you take netbook 10.04 (fully updated) and upgrade it to 10.10, you still don't get unity = error such as the one he mentioned.

The only way I know is to dl the ppl for unity via terminal and it still won't give you the unity interface.

It is bizarre.

It did however work with the alternate edition.