PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't startx everytime shutdown or reboot

tosmem
October 12th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Hi everybody!
I've used wubi to install ubuntu with windows xp on my laptop. My problem is everytime I out of ubuntu, the vga driver seems to disappear. I can't start x server, and when go into windows xp, the screen is on very low resolution state. After go into win xp and reboot, I can boot either ubuntu or winxp normally, everything is okey again. In summary:
- When go into XP and reboot, I can boot ubuntu and XP normally.
- When go into ubuntu and reboot, I can only boot with very low resolution in XP and can not start x server if boot ubuntu. :(
Someone has any ideas?

sikander3786
October 12th, 2010, 06:07 PM
My problem is everytime I out of ubuntu, the vga driver seems to disappear. I can't start x server, and when go into windows xp, the screen is on very low resolution state

If XP also forgets vga drivers, I fear the VGA card itself is defected.

You didn't ever get that problem with XP? What happens if you keep on booting off and on from XP alone?

Which graphics card in specific?

tosmem
October 13th, 2010, 01:15 AM
If XP also forgets vga drivers, I fear the VGA card itself is defected.

You didn't ever get that problem with XP? What happens if you keep on booting off and on from XP alone?

Which graphics card in specific?
My laptop has dual vga, one onboard, one ati hd3650 discrete. Everything works well with only WinXP. The problem occurs when I switch between two OS.
I think I'll have to config something on Ubuntu side to fix it, but I don't know how, Linux is really complicated :(, but also... lovely:)

tosmem
October 13th, 2010, 05:29 AM
nobody experienced this?? :(