PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] LiveCD of 10 10, problem of black screen

farrow
October 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM
I downloaded the latest .iso of Ubuntu 10 10, but when i reboot a black screen is shown with a message saying no "init" found. i would post a screenshot but can't figure out how to do one.

f

robsoles
October 13th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Welcome to UF.

I saw your other thread regarding LiveUSB. I was going to suggest re-burning the iso file to a new disc but the fact that the iso file you have downloaded has failed twice already in two different methodologies I think your download must have broken.

Can you stand to download the iso file again?

GabrielYYZ
October 13th, 2010, 07:24 AM
if it's a possibility, try to torrent the .ISO and burn it again. i find torrents to be more reliable than direct downloads for large files.

that's assuming you didn't download it through a torrent in the first place, if you did then disregard my post.

robsoles
October 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM
if it's a possibility, try to torrent the .ISO and burn it again. i find torrents to be more reliable than direct downloads for large files.

that's assuming you didn't download it through a torrent in the first place, if you did then disregard my post.

Good point. Web servers and browsers should exchange any amount of information successfully but there is more checking and verification in a bittorrent client so there can be a benefit - also it is much less drain on the web site(s) hosting the files for direct download.

Do you have a bittorrent client/know how to get the download going this way?

Peter09
October 13th, 2010, 09:25 AM
If you have an Nvidea card have you checked this thread.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1593856

amjjawad
October 13th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I downloaded the latest .iso of Ubuntu 10 10, but when i reboot a black screen is shown with a message saying no "init" found.

How about this: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM
Try to check MD5sum for your .iso file to make sure the file that you downloaded is not damaged or something.

Torrent could be another option to download.
For me, I used IDM (Internet Download Manger - Windows) and it's such a great software indeed. I downloaded all my Linux Distribution using that program but it's for Windows, not sure if Linux has something like that.

i would post a screenshot but can't figure out how to do one.
fOn your keyboard, there's a button says: Print Screen SysRq (that's what my keyboard says)
You could take a screen shot to whatever you want on your desktop.

When you reply any post here, scroll down and you'll find Additional Options.

From there, you could upload your screen shot ;)