PDA

View Full Version : How add apps to Unity?

Aklovo
October 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Someone can help me?
I cant get how to add applications to unity interface.
Can anyone tell me how?

Thx In Advance.

themusicalduck
October 12th, 2010, 04:28 PM
To add them to the sidebar, open up the application so that the icon appears. Then right click the icon and select to keep in launcher.

To add a program as in install it, then either search for it in unity and install from there, or search in the Software Centre and then install it.

marcog42
October 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM
To add them to the sidebar, open up the application so that the icon appears. Then right click the icon and select to keep in launcher.

Most apps that I've tried don't have the option to keep in the launcher. I've read that this feature was available in the RC, but it doesn't appear to be there now. For example, I do not get the "Keep in launcher" option for Pidgin. Is there an alternative way to add apps to the launcher?

schelf
October 12th, 2010, 07:32 PM
There is an alternative way to add them to the launcher but it is a bit complicated. I figured it out with help of this thread
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1578379
Good luck :cool:

eclectus
December 29th, 2010, 04:14 AM
The 'reboot and try again' option worked fine for me with Pidgin. After playing with it for a couple of minutes, I discovered the bug. After installation of new software, the unity interface will not let you add it to the launch bar until after you log out/log in.