PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bluetooth Headset Problems

Darkness134
October 12th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Hello guys, I am completely new here, and pretty new to linux and ubuntu as well. I can get most things done but one of the problems i have been having is that my headset will not connect through my bluetooth. I am running Ubuntu 10.10 on a laptop with a bluetooth usb dongle. I can get it paired and connected to my Motorola S9 headset, its just i can never get the computer's audio to go through it. Is there some kind of command i have to give so that my computer audio comes out of the headset. Please Help :)

kostkon
October 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM
To connect it, left click on the bluetooth icon and select the Connect option in the headset's submenu. Then you can just select the Open Sound Preferences option to set it as the default output device.

A better solution would be to install the PulseAudio Volume Control utility (using the software centre) for a more finer control on what sounds will be sent to your headset (sound only from specific applications, etc.)

Hope that helps.

Darkness134
October 12th, 2010, 09:36 PM
To connect it, left click on the bluetooth icon and select the Connect option in the headset's submenu. Then you can just select the Open Sound Preferences option to set it as the default output device.

A better solution would be to install the PulseAudio Volume Control utility (using the software centre) for a more finer control on what sounds will be sent to your headset (sound only from specific applications, etc.)

Hope that helps.

Thanks alot :) i could get it connect, but never knew about making it the default output audio device. Its works YAY!

EDIT: My motorola S9 is a stereo bluetooth headset, but it only has the opition for mono, which uses only one of the ears of the headset(the left one) is there any way i can change this, because it doesnt sound good. Guess i am just too spoiled with setero :)

2nd EDIT: I figured it out, i used the audio controller you suggest and it thought it was a HSP/HFP device when i really had a High Fidelity Playback device, Thxs again :)