PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do I get my Lucid window buttons back?

fatality_uk
October 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Exhibit A: (Attached)

Ubuntu used to have nice button graphics. (Photo - Lucid left / Meerket right)
Now, well lets just say I don't like them. Anyone know where the image files where/are that would allow me to restore my Lucid buttons in Meerket please.

Many thanks

migs73
October 12th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I don't know but I'd also like the Lucid ones back. These new ones look cheap to me!

migs73
October 12th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Just found them in Lucid.

they are in usr/share/themes/Ambiance/metacity-1

Can I just copy them in to the same(?) folder in Maverick. Do I need all the files in that folder?

fatality_uk
October 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Just found them in Lucid.

they are in usr/share/themes/Ambiance/metacity-1

Can I just copy them in to the same(?) folder in Maverick. Do I need all the files in that folder?

Try it :) What's the worst that could happen? :)
Post back the result please!

Ctrl-Alt-F1
October 12th, 2010, 11:29 AM
I believe from experience that this SHOULD work. I've remade the dust icons to better match a blue theme I had (instead of flashing brown).

migs73
October 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM
WooHoo!! Just copy and replace the entire metacity-1 folder and it works a treat!!

Now just need to get the buttons back to the right again!!

Fatality, obviously your buttons will be in the Radiance not Ambiance folder.
Just in case any body else reading this copies the wrong one.

Ctrl-Alt-F1
October 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Looks like it changed the rest of metacity. Didn't there used to be a bar under the icons going across the whole screen?

You should only need to copy the proper images over the ones you don't like (i.e. the buttons).

fatality_uk
October 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
WooHoo!! Just copy and replace the entire metacity-1 folder and it works a treat!!

Now just need to get the buttons back to the right again!!

Fatality, obviously your buttons will be in the Radiance not Ambiance folder.
Just in case any body else reading this copies the wrong one.

Nice one Migs!

I will have to dig out a Lucid CD from somewhere and grab them.

Cheers mate

migs73
October 12th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Looks like it changed the rest of metacity. Didn't there used to be a bar under the icons going across the whole screen?

You should only need to copy the proper images over the ones you don't like (i.e. the buttons).

Yeah, but there are other 'button states' that didn't exist in the old one. That is why I just copied the whole folder so as to revert to the entire Lucid version.

fatality, if you PM me with an e-mail address I'll send you mine to save you digging about.

Permafrost91
October 12th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Can you post the file here? I'd also like the Lucid window dec's back.