PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to revert back to the old window style in 10.10?

yakinikku
October 12th, 2010, 07:06 AM
on one of my laptops i have UNR installed and I just upgraded it to 10.10. while the look of unity is nice, its really slow when compared to the old UI. when i switched it to 2d mode it looked a bit like the old UI, but it was clear there was something wrong (the panel bars were there, the menus were not lined up, etc.)...is there a way to switch the menu system back to the 10.04 style? TIA guys.

edit: or can somebody help me get the 2d mode working correctly? i will post a screenshot when i get home.

edit 2: found a thread where a guy is experiencing a similar issue. if you look at the screenshot on the second page its the same thing i am getting except i am getting both the top and the bottom panel and nothing is lined up correctly. i am going to check into the nvidia thing when i get home, but can anyone help me out on this?

yakinikku
October 12th, 2010, 02:37 PM
as promised, here is the screenshot

yakinikku
October 13th, 2010, 01:33 AM
anyone?

yakinikku
October 13th, 2010, 01:45 PM
i am going to report this as a bug as no one seems to have a solution.

yakinikku
November 2nd, 2010, 04:43 AM
i ended up reverting back to 10.04 since no one wanted to help me out.

yakinikku
November 2nd, 2010, 05:17 AM
on UNE this would only happen in 2d mode, running the normal UNE desktop the issue did not exist. however when i installed unity and the 2d launcher on my netbook running ubuntu desktop, it would happen on both the unity side and the 2d launcher side.