PDA

View Full Version : What does Natty mean?

giddyup306
October 12th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Tomorrow if I have time I'll try and find a Natty alpha .iso. I couldn't find a definition on the net. The only time I've ever heard Natty is when someone is referring to Natty Light, the beer.

AllRadioisDead
October 12th, 2010, 03:38 AM
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/natty:

neatly or trimly smart in dress or appearance; spruce: a natty white uniform.

Ctrl-Alt-F1
October 12th, 2010, 03:39 AM
Definitions of natty on the Web:

dapper: marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners; "a dapper young man"; "a jaunty red hat"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Natty is a songwriter, singer and musician from Finsbury Park, North London.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natty_(artist)

Smart and fashionable
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Natty

nattily - in a natty manner; with smartness; "it was arranged carefully and nattily"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

nattily - In a natty manner; He arrived at the party, nattily dressed and eager to socialize
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nattily

Trim, neat and tidy is how natty is defined. Although natty Tom is an oxymoron, the use of the word in “Tom Sawyer” is well-placed and used in a comparative manner. Personally, I like using the word in sentences such as this: “Compared to my wife, my desk and workspace is a tad less natty.”
hubpages.com/hub/The-Vocabulary-Of-Mark-Twains--The-Adventures-of-Tom-Sawyer

Courtesy of Google search "define: natty"

giddyup306
October 12th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Some times my searching skills suck. lol

|{urse
October 12th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Here in Cincinnati we refer to our city as "the natty" occasionally. Of course we refer to it as lots of other unmentionable things too. I doubt that's what you were looking for.

JoyousDeath
October 12th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Here's a good tip.
If you go to google.com and type in their search engine:

define:natty

It'll give you the definition of natty without you having to click on another website. I use it all the time.