PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Replace Rekong with Chrome

dontgetshocked
October 12th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Anyone know how to replace the Rekong icon with Chrome? Also replace Kmail with Thunderbird.It boggles my mind that they put these programs in as the default when no one wants to use them.

Zorael
October 12th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Application preferences are really personal things. I don't use either KMail nor Thunderbird, and I dislike Thunderbird for its slowness. I like Rekonq as a nice fallback browser, and it makes sense to set the default one to a KDE-based browser and not a GTK one like Chromium. Chromium, Firefox and Thunderbird also integrate much more poorly than Konqueror, Rekonq and KMail into the KDE platform. "No one wants to use them" is harsh generalization.

In Chromium you can set the default browser in its preferences, which should take care of it all. Likewise you can open System Settings and go into the Default Applications section, and then enter chromium-browser as the default Web Browser. If you find that double-clicking html files opens Rekonq anyway, go into File Associations, enter 'html' in the search bar, and then find the entry text -> html. Move Chromium Web Browser to the top of the preference order list, and then hit Apply.

dontgetshocked
October 12th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks,didn't mean to be overly critical,just dont understand sometimes.Appreciate the post.