PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] time changed to 24 hour clock

DarinB
October 11th, 2010, 11:49 PM
some time today I noticed that my pidgin and thunderbird changed to a 24 hour clock but my ubuntu panel clock is at a 12 hour clock.
I went to administration> time and date and it is set at 18 hours 48 minutes but I do not know how to change it back to 12 hours or if that will even fix my pidgin and thunderbird???

amjjawad
October 11th, 2010, 11:55 PM
some time today I noticed that my pidgin and thunderbird changed to a 24 hour clock but my ubuntu panel clock is at a 12 hour clock.
I went to administration> time and date and it is set at 18 hours 48 minutes but I do not know how to change it back to 12 hours or if that will even fix my pidgin and thunderbird???

Is it the same issue as this one: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1593661 ??

sgosnell
October 12th, 2010, 12:17 AM
You can set display preferences in each app individually, regardless of the system time settings. Edit the preferences in Tbird and Pidgin to set to the proper display.

DarinB
October 12th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I can't find where in tbird or pidgin to change the time stamps to a 12 hour clock if this can be done please let me know, but the time and date in admin does not have an option for this? or maybe it is hidden???

sgosnell
October 12th, 2010, 03:44 PM
I don't use either Thunderbird or Pidgin, but the time settings should be in the preferences. That's usually accessed from the Edit/Preferences menu.