PDA

View Full Version : Unity & old interface

mongbeany
October 11th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I'm very new to Ubuntu and have just installed Maverick Meerkat. Hopefully this is not a stupid question, but I don't think the mixture of old and new I have (see screenshot) is correct...? Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Oliv'
October 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Very good question ! What's the f#%&& is going on there ???

Ok,so one solution seems to go in the Startup Applications in System and deactivated the netbook launcher. Next restart the old interface disappeared

Next step is probably to get ride of the offensive packages like netbook-launcher (and the millions useless package, multiple versions of the same packages and other transitional-dummy package... it begins to look like Windows...). Not sure if it's a good idea, I'll tell after my next restart. Hopefully it won't break too much things...

By the way I'm still waiting for the Unity Revelation... From what I see it's slower than the good old netbook remix. I don't see any big changes regarding the top of the screen (except that I've lost the day :(, which was one of the small thing that I liked to have compared to Windows): Rhytmnbox use the 'new' space, but Firefox doesn't... so let's say it's a mixed bag...

Oliv'